National Rapporteur Herman Bolhaar
The Dutch National Rapporteur on Human Trafficking and Sexual Violence against Children Herman Bolhaar took office on 1 February 2018.
Previously, Bolhaar was appointed as Senior Fellow at the Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation at Harvard Kennedy School in Cambridge, USA. Before that he fulfilled different positions within the Public Prosecution Service.
Bolhaar was Chairman of the Board of Prosecutors General, the national management of the Dutch Public Prosecution Service from 2011-2017. From 2008 to 2017, he was chairman of the Dutch National Task Force against Human Trafficking. This Task Force encouraged the development of a comprehensive and multi- stakeholder approach in the fight against human trafficking. Before becoming Chairman, he was chief prosecutor of Amsterdam.
Bolhaar holds a Master’s in Public Administration, studied Dutch law at Radboud University, and studied public sector management at the Netherlands School of Public Administration (NSOB), the University of California – Berkeley, and the Harvard Kennedy School.
The appointment term for the National Rapporteur is four years, this term can be extended with another four years.
- National Health Care Institute: Chairman of the Advisory Board
- Netherlands School of Public Administration: Dean leernetwerk 09
- Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital: Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance at Utrecht University: Member of the Public Advisory Board
- Netherland Institute for the Study of Crime and Law Enforcement: practitioner in residence