Corinne Dettmeijer was appointed as Dutch National Rapporteur on Trafficking in Human Beings on October 1st, 2006. In 2009 her mandate as rapporteur was extended to include child pornography, which was replaced and broadened in 2012 to include the whole area of sexual violence against children.
Corinne Dettmeijer has for many years been a judge at the district court of The Hague, from 1995 until 2014 she served as vice president of the court. As a judge, she handled cases in juvenile, criminal, family and migration law. She has been a member of several (international) professional bodies and advisory committees in the field of juvenile law. After finishing her law degree at Leiden University, she started her career as a public prosecutor in Rotterdam.
The Dutch magazine Opzij elected Ms Dettmeijer in 2015 as one of the most powerful women in the Netherlands working on justice and public policy.
Her recommendations have led to a doubling of the capacity for the investigation of child pornography and a greater realization that the approach to it must not be confined to investigation and prosecution (Ministry of Security and Justice), but must also extend to prevention and identifying and providing assistance for victims (Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport). A further development is that there are now also judges specializing in human trafficking cases. Corinne Dettmeijer regularly speaks at conferences and visits dignitaries in the Netherlands and abroad.
National additional positions
- Amsterdam Sexual Abuse Case (ASAC)-study in day care centers: Member of the Research Advisory Committee
- Leiden University Fund: Member of the Board
- National Taskforce on Child Abuse en Sexual Abuse: Observer
- National Taskforce Human Trafficking: Member
- Pro Juventute Foundation: Member of the Board
International additional positions
- European Institute for Crime Prevention and Control, affiliated with the United Nations (HEUNI): Member of the Advisory Board
- High-level Global Taskforce to End Sexual Exploitation of Children in Travel and Tourism: Member
- Child Sexual Abuse Imagery Working Group: Member
Invite the Dutch National Rapporteur
Requesting a speech by the National Rapporteur can be done through filling in this form.
Below you will find three official photos of National Rapporteur Corinne Dettmeijer.